Simple Things Which Prolong The Life Of Your Garage Door Parts
Do you have a garage door at home? I’m sure it is a beauty, isn’t it? How old is it?
If it’s only a couple of years old but already looks more than its age, maybe it is time for a garage door parts repair…
But what if you could prolong the life of your garage door without having to call in the experts for routine maintenance?
The humid subtropical climate from Oklahoma (Edmond, El Reno, Mustang, Okc, Oklahoma City, Piedmont, Yukon included) is a dangerous threat to the well being of your garage door. The humid summer months, the consistent winds and overall severe weather season between March to August means that your garage door will have to stand both the test of time AND the test of harsh weather.
Plus, nobody likes to pay extra money to have their garage door repair done. You’ve already spent a small fortune on that door alone, so it goes without a doubt that you’d prefer to put some money aside now… or invest your earnings in another important thing for your house.
Here are some simple tips to extend the lifespan of your garage door and reduce the expenses for garage door repairs:
- Regular checks. Rust is a garage door’s number one enemy. Regular checks will help you spot these irregularities in time.
- Lubrication. Is your door noisy? Don’t wait until the opening system fails – lubricate your garage door on a regular basis.
- Cleaning. You can wipe it once a month with a cloth that was immersed in water. If it’s a wooden door, wipe it with a household detergent diluted in water and then apply wax. The wax helps keep the wood waterproof, free of dirt or moisture.
- Painting. Paint is also a waterproof element which extends the lifespan of anything wood-made.
- Installing weather seals. Not only will you save energy, you will also prevent moisture from getting inside the garage.