Garage Door Systems is a very well-known company in areas like Edmond, El Reno, Mustang OK, OKC, Oklahoma City, and Piedmont OK for being a “one-stop store” for buying various kinds of garage doors and openers. So, if you want to install a garage door or a garage door opener, then simply get in touch with us. And yes, we even repair and service old garage doors.
In the meanwhile, take a look at these following garage door safety tips, so that you and your family are protected from all kinds of dangers. Keep reading.
Garage Door Safety Tips
- Make sure that the garage door opener button is out of reach from the children. Also, do not let them play with garage door remote controls.
- Do not be afraid of asking the professionals about the emergency release feature. Go through the manual thoroughly and learn to operate it yourself, so that you gain more confidence about this.
- Take the effort of visually inspecting the door every month. Take a look at the cables, springs, pulleys or rollers, for the signs of wear and tear. And yes, do not commit the mistake of repairing them yourself.
- Test the reversing working condition of the opener every month by placing a roll of paper towels in the door’s path. If it does not work, then you should definitely ask a professional to repair it for you.
- Do not leave the garage doors partially open.
- When you are leaving your house for a certain amount of time because of some vacation, then unplug the opener unit or use a vacation lock console switch.
So, these were some essential safety tips for you to follow. Hope this blog was helpful for you all. And to know more about garage doors and openers, kindly give us a call today and talk to one of our professionals.